terça-feira, novembro 28, 2006

Pretty Girl

Terminei.
Eu criei toda uma história por trás e tal, muita coisa que aconteceu antes e todo o contexto em que o conto se passa, mas é isso aí.
Não tem sentido nem continuar porque ele acaba ali e eu nem sei o que acontece depois.
Se você não fala inglês aprenda.


------------------------------


Pretty Girl


"Do you know her?" the detective was holding a picture.
"No." the other man answered.
Sam was still sleeping when the door bell rang and detective Davis entered with a picture in his hands and a lot of questions.
"Are you sure?"
"Let me see that." Sam picked it up and took a good look. "Yes, I am. Why are you asking me that?"
"Then how do you explain that you were the last person seen with her?" the detective continued.
"What do you mean last? When? Where? What happened to this girl?" he looked really puzzled.
"Easy, let´s slow down. The first thing you asked was what I mean by last. I mean that no one saw her again after that." detective Davis showed the picture again "When and where you ask. At seven thirty p.m. Tuesday evening at Greg´s dinner talking something about a 'bad brick'. Does that ring a bell?"
"Yeah, sure. Different girl thought, I met her at the movies. Cute girl, very bright. Why did you think it was this girl?" he asked pointing at the picture.
"Because several employees said that when I showed the picture."
"Impossible. She is totally different, the hair, the nose and her eyes weren't green. And I'm sure it wasn't lens."
"How can you be sure?"
"Because she was wearing lens and it was not green."
"All right then, what was this mystery girl's name?"
"Jasmin."
"And she her last name?"
"I don't remember."
"Was it Rice?"
"Yeah, how did you know?"
"Because that's this girl's name" he pointed to the picture girl.
"Now that's weird." Sam's voice was a little bit sarcastic.
"Mr. Barrie, do I need to to remember you the seriousness of this?" Sam was going to answer but the question was apparently rhetorical and Davis continued "How did you met Jasmin and what were you doing walking around with a 12-year-old girl?"
"Like I said, in the movies. She was sitting next to me, it was a R movie and as you pointed out she is twelve so I asked 'How did you get in here?
This is a R movie, you know.'
"She looked at me with a face that made me regret making the question but not having started the conversation 'I just did.' was all she said." Sam continued the story "Then I asked 'Were you supposed to be here by your self?' she not even looked at me this time and said 'Were you?'
"We had time and I was bored so I kept talking 'I´m more than old enough. Well, not exactly more but enough. How old are you?' she took a long breath and looked at me for a few seconds 'Look, It doesn't matter how old I am. I will not let me age keep me from watching a good movie for no reasonable reason, I'm mature enough to understand and handle the story of the movie. It's just fucking moralism, this is a teenage movie, well... about teenagers, it's whats happening around me. So don't come with this bullshit about age. Alright?' her face was red when she finished 'So you are twelve.' I just said 'Yeah.' was her answer."
"What a beautiful tale." the detective interrupted "That explains nothing. What were you doing at Greg´s?"
"Let me finish." Sam said "I'll get there."
"We left the movies and it was raining, really raining." He continued his story "You remember how it was, so I offered her a ride. The traffic was a chaos, completely crazy, I couldn't see one foot ahead, then I decided to stop in the first place I saw"
"Greg's Dinner." Davis said.
"Yeas, I always go there after I see a movie" Sam confirmed "We ate, talked about the movie and that's all. There was no bad brick or whatever, it was just the movie plot."
"That's it? Nothing more? What happened next?"
"I just brought her here."
"Here? You brought a twelve-year-old girl to your apartment?"
"Not here, to the building. She lives here, two floors down. I didn't knew we both lived here but she did, she isn't crazy, you know. She would never have accepted the ride if she didn't knew who I was, she would not even have talked to me in the first place." a inquisitive expression appeared on Sam's face "But you knew that, didn't you?
"Very well. You claim that your didn't knew the girl, that you never saw her here and that's not even the girl in the picture" detective Davis counted in his fingers "You met her in the movies, gave her a ride because of the rain and brought her straight home"
"Pretty much that, but if you say that's the same girl on the picture I believe."
"So how do you explain that she never got home or the pool of blood found in the stairs?"
"I don't" Sam expression was unreadable but very serious.
"Mr. Barrie can I take a look in the house?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"Because the law gives that right"
"You realize that I can get a warrant."
"If you could you would have one now."
"Good point. Look, if you have nothing to hide why don't you let me check your house?"
"Because I do have something to hide but I can assure you it's nothing illegal."
"Now you just gave me reason to come back with a warrant."
"That's up to the judge."
"Why don't you want me to see? There's no reason to be embarrassed, I won't tell anyone"
"I just don't want David to know what's in my office"
"David?"
"That bearded guy you call boss."
"You know him."
"He is my step father."
"I didn't know, I'm sorry."
"That's all right."
"I won't say anything."
"Won't you?" Sam had that sarcastic tone again.
"Can I at least take a DNA sample? Then I can clear you out as a suspect and move on with the investigation. Don't you wanna know what happened to the girl?"
"I do, but no. If you really wanna know who's behind this I would suggest you to checked her father's DNA."
"Her father's? He doesn't even live here."
"It's always a good start. Isn't it always someone close?"
"We checked the blood, it isn't anyone related."
"You do know she is adopted, don't you?" he didn't answered and Sam smiled "If that's all I would like to have my breakfast now."
"I will be back" the detective shook Sam's hand "This time with a warrant.
I don't care who your father is."
"Step-father." Sam corrected him "I'm sure he won't oppose."
The detective left and Sam sat down with his hands on his face. He was breathing difficultly and his heart was beating faster than he ever remembered.
He got up and went to his office, he opened the door to find a dozen of unfinished paintings hanging everywhere surrounding a small red pool, a blood stained toil and a first aid kit.
Sam cleaned up as fast as he could using the same products he's step father always complained about for ruining crime scenes for blood residues, put on his clothes and left.
He drove around for 45 minutes before going the way he actually wanted, he wanted to make sure he wasn't being followed. After driving for another hour he got near what looked like an old abandoned farm, parked his car and walked in.
He was welcomed by a .45 pointed at his face.
"Oh, it's you" Jasmin said lowering the gun. She had bruises all over her face and body.
"Are you o.k.?" Sam picked up the weapon.
"Yeah, I'm better."
"A detective passed by my house this morning. I told you It would be better if I staid there for a while."
"That's what took you so long. I was getting worried."
"I said this might happen, specially with your father putting pressure like that."
"I'm sorry about that. I didn't want to put you in this position."
"You were right coming to me. I'm the only one who can help. Besides, the bite you gave apparently left a good sample of blood."
"They will never check my father."
"There's where I come in. I've already talked to David."
"Are you sure you father can do something?"
"Your father do own half of the city, but it is half not all."
"Thank you. I love you, you know that."
"Well, that's good. 'Cause I love you to."
They kissed and felt on the couch.
"Ouch." Jasmin said backing away from Sam.
"What? Did I do something?" he asked "We don't need to do this if you don't want to."
"No, it's just hurting a little bit yet." she answered putting her hand on her face "Why? Are you regretted of taking advantage of a innocent little girl like me."
"Innocent little girl? That's new." he laughed.
"Hey! Are you calling me something?" they kissed again.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário